Seems like forever since I’ve posted, but it’s really just been a bit over a week. I guess I’ve just been busy. Figured rather then doing a few different posts, I could do a quick summary of what’s being going. We’ll try to include a few pictures, to keep the reading/looking ratio on the easy side.
On Thursday, after months of planning, talking and tweaking, we finally launched the new MMBA website. It’s considered to be a soft launch, as there was (and is) still content being backfilled, some components that need to be modifed or written, and a skinning of the complete site that has to happen. But considering it’s the slow season, and we were ready to get the majority of the site moved and working, it was time to do it. The errors we were getting on the old site just was getting to be too much. So long, Critical PHP Error!
Marty and I, and a few of our freinds, hit Stony Creek for some hiking and dog walking again this weekend. Kim and Jan kicked the pace up a bit, but I think we successfully learned to get in front and block them not long into the hike. They enjoyed the slower pace, once they realized that everything doesn’t blur when you relax and enjoy the hike..
As you can see by the end of the hike, the snow started to come down, and Marty and I started to ice up a bit.
Chilli, on the other hand, kept moving enough to keep the snow melted off.
..and just a beautiful shot of the St Clair River I stopped and took on the way into work this morning. I’ll try to grab some nice freighter shots in the near futre. The sun coming up over this river in the winter is breathtaking sometimes.
Category: Uncategorized |
, st clair river
, stony creek
I’ve been watching the “Six Random Things” meme drift around the blogsphere, and Marty finally tagged me and drug me into the fray. So, here we go. Six Ramdon Things about me that most people don’t know (and probably don’t care)
- I’ve been involved in computers for more then 30 years now. My father bought a TRS-80 Model 1 when I was in 6th grade, which would have been 1978. I’ve ALWAYS had a personal computer since that time
- Although I’m rather tall (6’4″) my parents are both rather shortish. 5’8″ and 5’3″. My grandparents on my mothers side were both over 6′ tall, and all of my cousins on that side of the family are tall, like me, although my mother and her sisters are all below 6’6″.
- Although I was a bigger child (I reached 6′ in middle school), I was very reserved, and often picked on. I didn’t develop real self-confidence till after high school.
- I was raised in a very religious family. Let’s just say that I spent a lot of Saturday mornings as a kid knocking on people’s doors.
- Although both of my parents are from SE Michigan, and I’ve live in the are for the majority of my life, I was actually born in Saratoga Springs, NY. My father was in the Navy, and was based at Knolls Atomic Power Laboratory. They moved back to Michigan before I was a year old. I’ve never been back there.
- I took piano lessons for ~8 years, but no longer play, and haven’t sat down and played in probably 20 years.
Well, there you go. More then you ever wanted to know about me. I guess it’s time to tag some other people. Let’s tag:
- Jessica (The World Wanderer)
- Mike (Soupy a.k.a Chicago Boy)
- Les (0xDECAFBAD)
..and see if they are paying attention.
Category: Uncategorized |
, six facts